Nov. 19, 2021
The Gender Studies Program at the U of A is pleased to announce its Bridge Fellows program. The Bridge Fellows Program is designed to support graduate work in any department or college at any level for the spring semester. The support for Bridge Fellows is $1,000 per recipient, and that support can be used to cover travel, transcription costs, registration fees for conferences or webinars, archival access, acquisition of images, proofreading services, mentors and other covered and justifiable research expenses.
The fellowship competition is open to any graduate student registered for classes in at the U of A in spring 2022 who works on gender issues, including, but not limited to:
- gender and race
- gender and colonialism
- gender and the Global South
- gender and political resistance
- gender and violence
- gender and politics
- gender and disability
- gender and foodways
- gender and religion
- gender and the family
- gender and sexuality
- gender and affect
- gender and labor
- gender and Anthropocene
- gender and propaganda
- gender and authoritarianism
- gender and aesthetics
- gender and popular culture
- gender and epistemology
- gender and health
- All Bridge Fellows must be enrolled in spring 2022 in any graduate degree program in Fulbright College.
- Bridge Fellows must spend the support by April 15, 2022.
- Bridge Fellows are required to present their work-in-progress at the Gender Studies Spring 2022 Roundtable on April 22, 2022, from noon to 5 p.m. with a short write-up of how they spent the support submitted to professor Lisa Corrigan by April 30, 2022.
The application will consist of one PDF file that includes:
- a one-page CV
- a 250-word biography stating the candidate’s eligibility, relevant academic training, progress towards degree and how this project fits into the candidate’s future plans, and the name of a U of A faculty sponsor/adviser/mentor
- a 250-word abstract of the project being proposed
- a budget with a very short narrative justifying how the support will be spent
Application Submission Guidelines
All applications are due by midnight Dec. 13 via email to https://forms.gle/71VMurXzTH8z8Eeb7.
Please submit ONE FILE as a .pdf titled: YOUR LAST NAMEBridgeFellow2022 (ex: CorriganBridgeFellow2022).
Direct any questions to professor Lisa Corrigan at email@example.com.