“In the boob The Half-Blood Prince, Professor Dumbledore…”
Hello students! This post has one purpose — to convince you to proofread and double check your uploaded files before you submit your work! ‘Cause if you don’t, you could end up in a really awkward and embarrassing situation.
How awkward and embarrassing? Take a look:
1. This student gave her essay the title “stupid fucking paper that has no meaning” and then forgot to change it before she submitted the damn thing.
She ended up sending this apology to her professor who allowed her to resubmit, but people — check your work!
3. Also an example of not proofreading? This poor student who turned in a paper with “dentist” spelled as “dentits.”
4. This frustrated student wrote, “I GIVE UP,” in oversized font in the middle of her essay, and then — oh dear God — forgot to delete it before she submitted the paper.
Oh boy, that’s embarrassing:
But even more embarrassing? Getting a response from their teacher saying, “That was just a little odd. Let me know if I can do anything.” PROOFREAD, PEOPLE! PROOFREAD!!
5. This student turned in an essay worth 80% of their grade with the file name of “ahhhh shit.docx.”
6. And this student — whyyyyy — accidentally turned in their last assignment with the file name of “last fucking paper.pdf.”
7. Does this student have a cute cat? Absolutely. Did this student mean to submit a photo of their cat instead of their research paper? Dear God no!
8. This student — phew! — caught her mistake before submitting her 12,000-word dissertation, but yeah, she almost misspelled her own name in a giant font.
9. Double-check your digital files, too, people. This student got a lousy grade because she accidentally uploaded one of her bad takes where she sounded very, very confused.
10. This student almost submitted their work for their cognitive psychology lab with a file name of “coglab bullshit2.pdf.”
I love how it’s not the first “Coglab bullshit” file, but “Coglab bullshit 2.” Explaining their way out of that one would’ve been quite the challenge, LOL!
11. This student almost turned in their art history paper with a file name of “FART History Paper.”
12. Not everyone is so lucky to catch their temp titles, though — this student turned in their paper with a title of “lol rip my chances of going to college 2.pdf.”
13. And this student probably would choose “not to be” after sending in their Shakespeare essay with this unfortunate title.
14. This student and Bill Hader superfan accidentally submitted a photo of the actor with their chemistry homework. Yeah. Awkward.
15. This student submitted a paper worth more than a third of her total grade with a joke intro that there is absolutely no coming back from.
16. This student left “source shit here, but indented and shit” in their otherwise professional-looking proposal. Oy.
17. And lastly, this person accidentally submitted a fake cover letter meant only to test formatting and it…worked out! Well, I’ll be damned, LOL.
So remember, students… CHECK YOUR WORK BEFORE YOU HIT SEND!!!!
Keep up with the latest daily buzz with the BuzzFeed Daily newsletter!