Research shows that companies who make their employees feel valued through a variety of factors that make an employee happy, such as being paid fairly, having great perks and benefits, clear goals to be invested in, and a positive work environment, creates more loyal and productive workers. The highest-rated companies with the Happiest Employees are segmented into two lists, Top 50 Large companies (more than 500 employees) and Top 50 Small/Mid-Size companies (500 employees or fewer), and based on anonymous employee feedback on Comparably.com to a variety of questions regarding happiness at work.
“In our annual analysis of where the happiest employees are, Comparably looks at a combination of metrics that contribute to happiness at work, from fair pay, benefits and clear goals to excitement for the company and the work itself,” said Comparably CEO Jason Nazar. “Despite the challenges of the past year-and-a-half, the top-rated companies on the list succeed at meeting the needs of their workers across these important factors.”
Key stats worth noting about the Happiest Employees list:
- The overall happiness score for large and small/mid-size companies was 91% and 94%, respectively, compared to only 69% and 82% site-wide.
- An average of 95% of employees from the top-rated large companies and 98% from the top-rated SMB said their work environment was positive, compared to 79% of employees side-wide.
- An average of 93% of employees from the top-rated large companies and 96% from the top-rated SMB said they had clear company goals they were invested in, compared to only 62% of employees site-wide.
- An average of 88% from the top-rated large companies and 92% from the top-rated SMB said they were excited about going to work each day, compared to only 66% site-wide.
The 50 large companies with the Happiest Employees are:
1 Adobe San Jose, CA
2 RingCentral Belmont, CA
3 HubSpot Cambridge, MA
4 Peloton New York, NY
5 Microsoft Redmond, WA
6 Farmers Insurance Woodland Hills, CA
7 IBM Armonk, NY
8 Medallia San Francisco, CA
9 Zoom Video San Jose, CA
10 Experian Costa Mesa, CA
11 Credit Karma Oakland, CA
12 ZoomInfo Vancouver, WA
13 Dynatrace Waltham, MA
14 SentinelOne Mountain View, CA
15 Boston Consulting Group Boston, MA
16 Calix San Jose, CA
17 nCino Wilmington, NC
18 Chegg Santa Clara, CA
19 ZipRecruiter Santa Monica, CA
20 Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) San Mateo, CA
21 Guidewire Software San Mateo, CA
22 Trimble Sunnyvale, CA
23 ADP Roseland, NJ
24 Nextdoor San Francisco, CA
25 Google Mountain View, CA
26 TaskUs New Braunfels, TX
27 Tenable Columbia, MD
28 Vector Marketing Olean, NY
29 Asurion Nashville, TN
30 Concentrix Fremont, CA
31 LHC Group Lafayette, LA
32 Fivetran Oakland, CA
33 Insight Global Atlanta, GA
34 CIENCE Denver, CO
35 LexisNexis Legal & Professional New York, NY
36 Rent-A-Center Plano, TX
37 6sense San Francisco, CA
38 Stanley Black & Decker New Britain, CT
39 Ford Motor Company Dearborn, MI
40 Waste Connections Spring, TX
41 Beacon Hill Staffing Group Boston, MA
42 Public Storage Glendale, CA
43 Sitecore San Francisco, CA
44 Smile Brands Irvine, CA
45 Vistaprint Waltham, MA
46 Chewy Dania, FL
47 Smile Direct Club Nashville, TN
48 Grammarly San Francisco, CA
49 Everbridge Boston, MA
50 Instacart San Francisco, CA
Happiest Employees 2021 (Large Companies)
The 50 small/mid-size companies with the Happiest Employees are:
1 Eargo San Jose, CA
2 Pipefy San Francisco, CA
3 Alida Toronto, Canada
4 GoodRx Santa Monica, CA
5 Fetch Rewards Chicago, IL
6 Verisys Corporation Louisville, KY
7 Mixpanel San Francisco, CA
8 Ordermark Los Angeles, CA
9 Nylas San Francisco, CA
10 Civic Financial Services Redondo Beach, CA
11 Namely New York, NY
12 Salsify Boston, MA
13 Nature’s Sunshine Products Lehi, UT
14 People.ai San Francisco, CA
15 Deem Oakland, CA
16 Gem.com San Francisco, CA
17 Immersive Labs Boston, MA
18 Stack Overflow New York, NY
19 The Change Company Irvine, CA
20 Theorem Woodland Hills, CA
21 BigID New York, NY
22 Globality Palo Alto, CA
23 Lunchbox New York, NY
24 Sila Nanotechnologies Alameda, CA
25 EQRx Cambridge, MA
26 Remote.com San Francisco, CA
27 Productboard San Francisco, CA
28 Flexion Therapeutics Burlington, MA
29 Vena Solutions Toronto, Canada
30 GR0 Los Angeles, CA
31 Clearcover Chicago, IL
32 Flywire Boston, MA
33 Syapse San Francisco, CA
34 Ribbon New York, NY
35 SmartBug Media Newport Beach, CA
36 Hometap Boston, MA
37 Calendly Atlanta, GA
38 Snapdocs San Francisco, CA
39 Divergent Torrance, CA
40 Earlens Menlo Park, CA
41 Kyruus Boston, MA
42 MannKind Westlake Village, CA
43 Zwift Long Beach, CA
44 Karsun Solutions Herndon, VA
45 Checkr San Francisco, CA
46 Archer Education Overland Park, KS
47 LiveControl Santa Monica, CA
48 Quanterix Billerica, MA
49 Emerge Scottsdale, AZ
50 Branch Redwood City, CA
Happiest Employees 2021 (Small/Mid-Size Companies)
- This set of Comparably Awards are derived from sentiment ratings provided by employees who anonymously rated their employers on Comparably.com during a 12-month period (September 17, 2020 through September 17, 2021) on topics that contribute to overall happiness at work. Sample questions include:
- Is your work environment positive or negative?
- Do you believe you’re paid fairly?
- Are you satisfied with your benefits?
- Do you feel burnt out at work?
- Are your company’s goals clear, and are you invested in them?
- Are you typically excited about going to work each day?
- Do you look forward to interacting with your coworkers?
- Are you proud to be part of your company?
- On a scale of 0-10, how likely are you to recommend your company to a friend?
- There were no fees or costs associated with participating, nor was nomination required.
- To qualify, Large companies (500+ employees) must have met a minimum of 75 employee participants and Small/Mid-Size companies (less than 500 employees) needed a minimum of 25 participants.
- For fairness and statistical significance, additional weight was given to companies with more employee participation.
- The final data set was compiled from 15 million ratings across 70,000 U.S. companies. For Awards FAQ, please go to comparably.com/awards
Comparably is a leading workplace culture and corporate brand reputation platform with over 15 million anonymous ratings on 70,000 companies. With the most comprehensive data on large and SMB organizations in nearly 20 different workplace categories – based on gender, ethnicity, age, experience, title, industry, location, and education – it is one of the most used SaaS platforms for employer branding and a trusted third party site for workplace culture and compensation data. For more information on Comparably and its annual Best Places to Work and Best Brands series, visit comparably.com.