Reading Time: 2 minutes
The likes of online translators such as Google Translate are fine tools for informal, personal use, but certified human translation is still a mandatory requirement when it comes to interpreting corporate interactions, public administration files, legal proceedings, etc. As per demand though, the following five sectors are most in need of professional translators in 2021.
Human translators provide some of their most critical services in healthcare because guesswork is not an option when it involves the lives of patients. Other than creating and providing certified translation of medical records and reports, human translation is also deemed essential by healthcare providers for ensuring that:
- All patient – doctor communications are clearly understood by both parties.
- The accuracy of the diagnosis is not compromised due to the language gap.
- The patient understands what the doctor is suggesting exactly in terms of meds, diagnostic tests, possible treatment options, etc.
- The patient understands their chances, risks, and expenses associated with each step.
- The patient doesn’t sign up for something that they did not fully understand.
- No facts related to medical insurance coverage are left unexplained.
It is only natural for human translation services to be crucial in immigration on both ends for ensuring clear communication, proper understanding of due procedures, and translation of documents. As RushTranslate (USCIS – Certified) explains, if a patient’s birth certificate, passport, and other vital documents are not in English, they must be translated into English in a manner so as to include every bit of information (literal translation) mentioned in the non-English original document. However, these translated documents must also have the official Certificate of Translation Accuracy to be accepted in US.
Translation services are essential in Academics for more reasons than one, but the two most common scenarios are as follows:
- When a foreign student is planning to apply to an American University for higher education
- When parents are trying to get their children admitted into a local school, after shifting to the US.
If one or more of the required documents for admission are not in English, then they will need to be translated word-for-word into English documents, before being submitted with the application. These translated documents must be USCIS-certified translations for any US University to consider accepting those credentials as legitimate.
Another important translation service in academics is offered only by scholars of a subject who know both languages very well. This would be, of course, the service of translating textbooks, research journals, case studies, and the like.
These are just a few examples, and there are plenty of other sectors that require human translators. However, their translations may or may not need the official seal of authenticity, depending on what the job is.
Travel guides, for example, do not need to work under such critical, official supervision because their translations need not be literal, as long as they are sufficient to convey the overall meaning. On the other hand, interpretations of non-English legal documents have to be certified, literal, and flawless.