The Syria Report is seeking to recruit a full-time editor/writer.
The editor plays a central role in The Syria Report’s production cycle. He/she will collaborate with other members of the editorial and management teams, develop ideas, and edit articles and other types of content published on the website. As a writer he/she will also write weekly articles as well as periodic reports. The editor reports to the editor-in-chief.
Duties and tasks
As editor you will be expected to perform all reasonable and appropriate tasks to assist the production cycle of The Syria Report as per the direction of the editor-in-chief and in close cooperation with other team members. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Helping develop and structure ideas.
- Compiling research from various sources.
- Writing articles and reports.
- Rewriting material in line with in-house style; structural and stylistic editing for clarity of meaning and argument.
- Copyediting for grammar, usage, spelling and punctuation.
Qualification and skills
- Good editorial experience.
- Strong command of English
- Good command of spoken and written Arabic.
- Good economic literacy.
- Good understanding of the Syrian context.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Preference will be given to candidates based in Lebanon.
- Contract duration: 12-month renewable
- Type: Full-time
- Salary: Based on experience
- Location: Remote work but ideally in Lebanon
- Starting date: September 01, 2021
- Send a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
- Also send three writing/editing samples.
- Recommendation letters are welcome.
- Deadline: August 09, 2021