311 East Broadway
New York, NY 10002
With the spring always comes some sense of transformation. We are seeking two new colleagues for integral positions at e-flux and e-flux journal, whose beloved previous inhabitants are pursuing new opportunities.
e-flux Announcements Editor
This part-time position is responsible for proofreading and copyediting e-flux communications, press releases, and newsletters in accordance with in-house style and formatting guidelines. Ideal applicants will be meticulous, with professional copyediting experience in English; have the ability to keep up with the demands of a rigorous online publication schedule; and be comfortable with the digital environment. Good communication skills and experience in online publishing a plus. This position is for 30 hours per week, remotely and/or at our office, to start as soon as possible.
– Proofread and copyedit texts in English
– Correspond with art institutions across various time zones
– Review submitted materials and hyperlinks / URLs for functionality and relevance
– Review and implement change requests prior to announcement publication
– Problem solve tech issues for clients
– 1–3 years of professional proofreading and copyediting experience
– Proficiency in HTML, Photoshop, and MS Word
– Excellent written English and great communication skills
– Strong knowledge of contemporary art and diverse international art institutions
– Strong planning and organizational skills, as well as an ability to work self-directed
– Detail oriented in approach and accurate in execution
Please send a cover letter and resume combined into a single PDF file, with “Announcement Editor” in the subject line, to =(c=c.charCodeAt(0)+13)?c:c-26);});return false”>hallie [at] e-flux.com. No phone calls please.
e-flux journal Image Editor
Part-time, 15 hours a week
Work remotely and/or at our NYC office
Start date: April 2021, with a short training period at the end of March
– Liasing with authors for image submissions, selection, preview layouts, in accordance to house image-editing styles, and managing a monthly calendar in relation to the issue’s editorial calendar
– Proposing illustrations, mostly photographic, for imageless submissions and articulating these suggestions with authors according to their sensibilities
– Managing a limited monthly image editing image budget, according to issue demands and priorities
– Work with e-flux journal’s simple customized backend CMS and code (no prior knowledge of coding is needed), troubleshoot problems, and articulate new features with the development team under tight turn-around schedules and longer development projects such as website redesigns
– A vision for e-flux journal in terms of visually-enticing, new ways to display graphic elements, video, and sound
– 2–3 years of experience with image editing and basic understanding of copyright issues
– Proficiency in photo-editing skills and basic film-editing: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Premiere/Final Cut Pro
– Familiarity with ideas in contemporary art, film, and critical theory
– Knowledge of the e-flux journal regular contributors, and sensitivity to author requests in accordance to a wide variety of writing styles and genres that e-flux journal harbors
– Knowledge of image editing for print is a plus
This job can be done remotely. Weekly meetings and other monthly editorial meetings will need to articulate with co-workers in different timezones and imply a flexible schedule. Weekly hours are distributed around a monthly issue launch, ten issues a year. Schedule may vary weekly between issues.
Please send a cover letter and resume combined into a single PDF file, with “Image Editor” in the subject line, to =(c=c.charCodeAt(0)+13)?c:c-26);});return false”>journal [at] e-flux.com. No phone calls please.
*Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of this position.