Brazilian Portuguese Localization Specialist Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In our Global Data department, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying, and supplying it so our clients can make informed decisions from a global perspective. We then take this perspective and bring data solutions to local markets. We solve for the problems of tomorrow.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg has an exciting new opportunity for a highly motivated Brazilian Portuguese Localization Specialist. As part of our global Localization team you will be responsible for providing high quality Brazilian Portuguese language products such as software localization and QA of analytical tools, marketing materials, company information and online help to our local clients. We would also like to see technical aptitude in building and maintaining custom tools (Python, SQL or VBA and C+). You will work closely with other Localization Specialists, Sales and Product teams, Data Analysts, and Software Developers to adapt our product for the local markets. Join our growing global Localization team that supports Bloomberg sales efforts by providing products for the Brazilian Portuguese speaking market.
You need to have:
- Native level fluency in Brazilian Portuguese
- Outstanding English to Brazilian Portuguese language and translation skills, including familiarity with Brazilian Portuguese culture and customs, and financial markets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Brazilian Portuguese, team player as well as excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication across teams
- Self-driven and proactive; able to make decisions independently, work with minimal supervision and to deliver quality results under tight deadlines
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills with the ability to manage projects, balance independent tasks / goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Strong knowledge of Localization processes and familiarity with CAT tools, MT/MT retraining, and terminology management
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing tools, technologies and work flows, and to actively contribute to improve processes for localization
- Ability to collaborate with management in the development of product documentation and guidelines
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now and in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You’ll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients — and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.